CROSS BORDER COOPERATION
Center for development of Pelagonija region is eligible applicant on two cross-border cooperation programmes within the second component of the Instrument for pre-accession assistance: Programme for cross-border cooperation between Republic of Macedonia and Greece and Programme for cross-border cooperation between Republic of Macedonia and Albania. In the five open calls from both programs, CRPPR submitted or participated in the preparation of more than 10 applications, to which 2 were approved as the main holder, within the Cross-Border Cooperation Program between the Republic of Macedonia and the Republic of Greece 2007-2013.
DEVELOPING JOINT CROSS BORDER FIRE PROTECTION PLAN – FIRESHIELD
The overall objective of the project was to contribute to the cross border cooperation in the protection of environmental resources thru development of a cross border joint fire protection plan and build up of the regional fire departments capacities. The project activities included informing the public through media and awareness raising campaign, development of a cross-border fire protection plan, activities for strengthening fire protection capacities as well as exchange of experiences between firefighting units in the cross-border region Pelagonija / Florina. Partners in the realization of the project were CRPPR, Municipality of Bitola, Municipality of Prilep, the Region of Western Macedonia and the Regional Development Agency of Florina. The total value of the project is around 300,000 euros.
Results achieved after the completion of the project:
- 140 above-ground fire hydrants purchased and installed;
- 96 sets of special fire-protection equipment purchased for fire brigades in Pelagonija region
- ICT equipment for fire protection purchased and put into function;
- Developed and installed software for monitoring and reporting in case of fire in the cross-border region Pelagonija / Florina;
- Satellite fire protection monitoring enabled;
- Developed fire protection plan in the cross-border region Pelagonija / Florina;
- A volunteer moto-team has been established and equipped for rapid action in case of fire in hard-to-reach places in the cross-border region Pelagonija / Florina;
- Informative signs have been placed to prevent fires in the cross-border region Pelagonija / Florina;
INNOVATIVE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES ENHANCING THE ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES OF THE CROSS-BORDER REGION PELAGONIJA/FLORINA – ZOO INNOVATIVE
The main goal of the project was to contribute to the improvement of natural resources in the cross-border region Pelagonija / Florina by creating and managing innovative products and services in order to raise general awareness in the cross-border region and the importance of participating in the protection and promotion of life resources. The specific objectives of the project were the introduction of innovative educational programs to improve environmental resources in the cross-border region, capacity building of relevant stakeholders in terms of biodiversity protection, infrastructure improvement at the Bitola Zoo in order to support institutional capacity to improve of Environment and Implementation Awareness raising campaign in the cross-border region through the development of digital media packages. Partners in the realization of the project were CRPPR, Municipality of Bitola, Zoo Bitola, Municipality of Florina and Regional Development Agency of Florina. Zoo Innovative invested 600.000 EUR in environmental protection in Pelagonija region according to the EU standards.
- 8 animal enclosures in Zoo Bitola built;
- 2 complementary objects in Zoo Bitola built;
- Voluntary system with 10 volunteers in Zoo Bitola established;
- Developed and put into function 5 educational tours in Zoo Bitola;
- 240.000 inhabitants from the cross border region informed about the importance of the environmental resources;
- Study trip for voluntary system members to Zoo Ljubljana, Slovenia implemented;
- Trainings for students and civil servants from the cross border region implemented;
- 10 sets of equipment for volunteers in Zoo Bitola purchased;
- Institutional capacities of the cross border region Pelagonija/Florina for biodiversity protection improved;